Jakub Basista is a historian specializing in early modern European and world history. His interests often take him to the 20th century as well. He is a fellow of the Royal Historical Society and member of the Renaissance Society of America, Society for Reformation Studies, and International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in History.
Associate professor at the Institute of History, Jagiellonian University. Editor of historical quarterly Studia Historyczne.
- Fear and Hatred as a Feeder for Crowds in Early Modern England [in:] Studia Historyczne, R. LVI, 2013, Z. 1 (221), pp. 33-47.
- The Anglican Church, Popular Protest and Corruption [in:] Studia Historyczne, R. LVII, 2014, Z.2 (226), pp. 175-187.
- The Abolishing of the Book of Common Prayer [w:] Miscellanea Res Polonorum, Brittanorum ac Judaeorum Illustranda, red. Basista Jakub, Adam Kaźmierczyk, Mariusz Markiewicz, Dominika Oliwa, Kraków: Historia Iagellonica 2015, pp. 201-210.
- The Reading and Writing of History in Communist Poland according to State Censorship [in:] Censure et autorités publiques. De l’époque moderne à nos jours , ed : Cadilhon, François, Philippe Chassaigne, Éric Suire, Brussels.. : P.I.E Peter Lang 2015, pp. 115-128.
- Louis Kossuth – Speech at a Dinner Given in His Honor by the US Congress in Washington D.C [in:] Michael Shally-Jensen ed., The 19th Century (1801-1900). Defining Documents in World History, Ipswich, Massachusetts: Grey House Publishing 2018, vol I, pp. 55-64.
- King Victor Emmanuel II: Address to Parliament, [in:] Michael Shally-Jensen red., The 19th Century (1801-1900). Defining Documents in World History, Ipswich, Massachusetts: Grey House Publishing 2018, t. I, ss. 88-92.
- Vladimir Lenin—On the Tasks of the Soviet Government [in:] Michael Shally-Jensen ed., The 20th Century (1900-1950). Defining Documents in World History, Ipswich, Massachusetts: Grey House Publishing 2018, vol I, pp. 137-141.
- Food and Drink as Sources of Sin and Heresy in Seventeenth-Century England: Reading Thomas Edwards’s ‘Gangraena’ [in:] Food and Drink in contexts, ed. Paweł Hamera, Andrzej K. Kuropatnicki, Artur Piskorz, Kraków, Wydawnictwo Naukowe UP 2019, pp. 69-84.
- Mikołaj Zebrzydowski, the Calvary, and Piousness in Early Modern Poland [in:] From Religious Pilgrimages to Secular Tourism: an Interdisciplinary Approach, ed. Anna Hamling, Interdisciplinary Discourses: London 2020, pp. 85-104.
Courses taught at CES
- Poltical and Social History of 20th Century CEE
- Modern European State Formation