Students are able to start in Krakow (sem I & II) and progress to Kobe (sem III & IV) or start in Kobe (sem I) and move to Krakow (sem II & III) and finish in Kobe (sem IV).
Students applying to Kobe University should submit their application to Kobe University in Japan directly.
Students planning to start in Krakow should follow the admission steps below:
When applying online, prospective students must register for the field of study declaring one of the specialisation/double degree programmes. Students may change their specialisation once accepted, if necessary.
Applicants have 20 minutes to complete the online application. The Statement of Purpose form is available in the "See Also" column, so that applicants may plan their response.
STEP 1: Documents and application
- Scanned online OAS application signed by the applicant,
- A scan of the candidate's Curriculum Vitae (Résumé) completed in the Europass CV format,
- The scan of the official transcript, which includes a full list of completed courses and final marks or a copy of the diploma supplement (if applicable),
- The scan of a document certifying English language proficiency (please refer to Eligibility and Requirements section)
- Sworn translation into English or Polish of all documents submitted if they were issued in a language other than English or Polish.
PLEASE SEND SCAN COPIES IN ONE PDF FILE.
BY BANK TRANSFER:
- Application Fee of 20,00 EUR / 22,00 USD / 85,00 PLN (non-refundable).
STEP 2: Documents Required Upon Enrolment
Once admitted, the applicant will be required to provide the following additional documents:
- Hardcopy of the OAS application submitted, printed and signed by the candidate,
- Copy of the most recent diploma obtained*,
- Copy of the official transcript or photocopy of diploma supplement (with its original submitted upon arrival),
- One passport photo (35 mm x 45 mm) taken against a white background without a hat or head covering (These cannot be printed photos or Xeroxed copies of photos) (do not apply if the student already possess JU student ID),
- Certificate verifying language proficiency (if applicable),
- For enrolment by post: declaration of submission of original copies of all documents required upon enrolment for inspection by 27 September 2021 — under the pain of board denying admission.
*Candidates who hold higher education diploma obtained outside Poland are required to submit additionally the following documents: higher education diploma obtained outside of Poland is required to be authenticated with an apostille or legalised.
All documents must be sent directly to the Centre for European Studies:
Centre for European Studies
Ul. Władysława Reymonta 4
STEP 3: Documents Required Upon Arrival
Once the student has confirmed his/her registration at CES, a few documents will be required upon arrival. Students should ensure that they collect these documents before their departure to Poland. The deadline to submit (depending on the application round).
Candidates who do not hold Polish citizenship are required to submit additionally the following documents:
- photocopy of the document certifying candidate's possession of health insurance or casualty insurance for the period of studying in Poland, or photocopy of the European Health Insurance Card (together with the original document available upon request), or declaration of taking out the insurance in the National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) immediately upon the beginning of the first semester—in case of enrolling by post, a written declaration to submit this document by no later than the end of September 2021 has to be enclosed to the set of documents submitted for enrolment—under the pain of board denying admission,
- photocopy of a medical certificate confirming lack of health conditions disqualifying the candidate from undertaking study programme (together with the original document available upon request—or, if the candidate does not have this document yet upon enrolment, or in case of enrolling by post, a written declaration to submit this document by no later than the end of September 2021 has to be enclosed to the set of documents submitted for enrolment—under the pain of board denying admission.