Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron


» Where can I find a full list of courses offered at CES?

» Where do I find study materials required for courses?

All study materials required for courses are available at CES library and some are available in digital form at the computer lab.

» Are there any language instruction courses offered for MA students?

CES students can choose from 4 foreign language classes: Polish (offered at 4 levels); French, Russian and German are offered on beginner level unless otherwise agreed due to a higher level of students willing to take a language course. Courses are running only when sufficient number of students are enrolled in the course. 

» How do I apply for an internship with CES Internship programme?

Every CES student is entitled to apply for an internship with CES Internship partner institution even if internship is not required by programme curriculum.


» What extracurricular possibilities are offered for CES students?

There are a number of guest lectures, workshops and social events organised for CES students throughout the academic year. CES students also have a possibility to publish their essays in annual Online Working Papers.

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron


» When does admission start?


Admission for most of CES programmes start in mid-December each year and runs to mid-`September. Please note that some double degree programme has different deadlines.

Not to miss a deadline, please check web page for a specific programme you are interested in.


» If I apply now when will I know if I have been accepted?

The admission process is divided into several admission rounds. The admission decision is given depending on application round you submit your application in. Application dates and deadlines.

» What are the minimum requirements to apply for MA programme?

BA degree of equivalent, English language proficiency certificate for candidates for whom English is not their native language. Full list of requirements.

» How do I apply?

  • Admission process consists of three stages.
  • Please submit an online application form and submit supporting documents.
  • When the application is successful, please, submit documents needed for enrollment. Please submit original documents upon your arrival to the University.

» How can I prove my English language proficiency?

  • Internationally recognized language certificate. Full list of certificates recognized and accepted by the Jagiellonian University
  • Proof that previous degree was taught entirely in English.

» Do I have to have English language certificate obtained by the time I start my application?

No. If you are still waiting to obtain your language certificate or to take the exam, please inform CES Office via e-mail about the exact date when you will provide proof of your language skills. Please note that failure to provide the certificate by the start of your programme will result in the immediate expulsion from studies.

» Do I have to submit any document that proves my level of English if I am a native speaker?



» I am in my last year of BA studies can I apply?

Yes. Upon application, please, submit a letter issued by your university confirming your current student status and expected date of graduation. Please note that you have to obtain your diploma by the beginning of academic year in Poland (1 October). Please note that failure to provide the certificate by the start of your programme will result in the immediate expulsion from studies.

» Where do I find account number to pay the application fee?

Bank account number is allocated to your personal OAS application. Detailed bank transfer information can be found on your OAS profile.

» How do I know if I have been accepted?

You will be informed via e-mail as well as your status in the OAS will be changed automatically once accepted.

» What do I do after I received a notification that I have been accepted?

You will receive an e-mail stating further steps you need to do in order to be enrolled for the programme. Please note that you need to stick to the deadline stated in the e-mail.

» What does “documents upon enrollment” mean?

List of documents you need to submit via post after receiving a positive decision on your application. List of documents.

» What does “document upon arrival mean”?

» When will I receive my student card?

You will receive your student card during orientation day.

» When will I receive USOS account details?

All details to access your student USOS account will be provided during the orientation day.

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron


» How much doe CES programme cost?

MA programmes tuition fees

» Are there any extra costs I need to pay?

Tuition fees do not include living expenses, housing or costs of study materials.

» Are there any scholarship possibilities?

Some CES programmes offer internal scholarships applicable to a specific programme.

We also advise candidates to take a look at external scholarship offers.

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron


» Do I need a visa to study in Poland?

Yes. Some students need a visa to enter Poland, whereas others (with US citizenship, for example) should have a visa if they arrive in Poland with the intention of studying, even if they do not need one to cross the border. Visas will be issued for up to one year, and cannot be issued or extended from within Poland. You'll need confirmation that you're a student from CES to apply, and might also need to show further evidence, the details of which will depend on your citizenship.

» How can I receive a visa support letter from the University?

When accepted to CES, you can request a visa letter to support your visa application process. 

» When should I apply for a visa ?

The sooner the better, i.e. as soon as you have the documents you need. The process should not take long for most students, but for those applying from non-Western countries there may be a few hurdles along the way. We recommend getting a visa sorted out in advance rather than waiting till you arrive in Poland and then applying for a temporary residence card.

» Can I apply for a Polish visa from Poland?


» Is a temporary residence card also an option?

If you have a short-term visa and need to prolong your stay or don't have a visa you can apply for one of these once you're in Poland. They can be issued for up to 2 years. The documents required depend on your citizenship and the process can take up to 4 months, but our staff will help you through it.

» Do I need to arrive earlier prior to the beginning of the academic year?

We usually advise students to arrive earlier in order to settle in housing and be present for an integration day that usually takes place at the end of September.

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron


» How do I register for student housing?

The housing registration form will be sent to you via e-mail depending on application round but no later than September. Please note that all CES students have a place reservered in the University student dorms if they declare they want to stay in student housing. 

» Is the Internet available in the dorm?

Yes, cable wi-fi is available in the dorms.

» What does housing fee include?

The housing fee includes utilities and the internet but does not include board plans.

» Is student housing located in the city center of Krakow?

CES students are offered a place in four different University dorms. Each dorm is situated in walking proximity to the city centre and to lecture halls.

» When can I check-in to student housing?

Usually, students may move in into student housing at the end of September. For exact date and a possibility to move in earlier please e-mail CES office.

» What if I want to live in private flat?

There are a couple of web pages and Facebook groups where you can look for housing offers in Krakow. If you need further help with finding private housing please consult our student advisor.


» What programmes are offered at CES?

CES offers MA level programmes, Double Degree MA level programmes, Joint Degree MA programmes, BA level programme and Undergraduate Study Abroad programme.


» Where can I check a full list of classes offered at CES?

» Do I need to speak Polish?

No. Polish is not required when applying for any of CES programmes.

» Are courses taught entirely in English?

Yes. All the courses offered are taught in English with the exception of languages. 

» Will I be able to do a study abroad semester when enrolled?

CES students have an opportunity to benefit from a large number of cooperations Jagiellonian University has with universities worldwide, such as Erasmus exchange programme. Please see more. 

» When does academic year start in Poland?

The academic year in Poland starts on the 1st of October.